Sunday, April 24, 2011

An Introduction

I had not been breathing or living right for some time. Distracted by what I could do for others and caught up in the fast pace of life, I forgot about my own heart and what I wanted and needed. I needed so desperately to slow down and catch my breath, but didn't know how to do just that.

There were times when I was under so much stress that I had forgotten how to relax and breathe in and out awhile. My heart raced, my blood pressure soared, and I didn't know what to do.

Not only was I having trouble breathing, I was also having troubles telling people what was on my heart. It was a very lonely road. This blog will be about how I found my way back to possibility. It wasn't just one event, but a series of events that helped me realize I had choices. There was still hope.

Now, most of the time it still helps me to get outside in the open air and breathe in and out awhile no matter the weather. I don't have the anxiety I had in years past after finally mustering up the courage to figure out what I could change and what was out of my control, and acting on that knowledge.

Conscious breathing was the first step. Breathe in and out awhile. Do nothing else for a minute or two. Add more time as needed. It may take awhile to get used to but I truly love the moments I sit in silence and watch the world spin. Listen to your heart. Sit awhile in wonder and see where it takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment